Thursday, May 01, 2008

MS and Morts: lightweight.java and alt.net

My friend Vikas has a good post about a also-very-good-post about an interesting post (click the links, you will know what I am talking about!):

http://vikasnetdev.blogspot.com/2008/04/is-microsofts-mvc-is-going-to-be.html

My comments:


1. It is indeed a tipping point, historical moment for MS!
Even it is too little too late, especially too late, almost 10 years late, in Internet time.

I do love silverlight though; it is definitely next-gen-ajax.

Because we have ajax-and-next-gen-Ajax (silverlight), although you may say MS's ajax is part of asp, but that misses the point: ajax makes traditional asp irrelevant. As a result, asp's MVC is less relevant -- Ajax/silverlight makes the previously-official-asp irrelevant, it gives Alt.net a huge opportunity.

2. MS is distancing from morts -- for that, I love MS -- it is innovating.

3. Alt.net is basically following lightweight.java -- I certainly do not mean to insult alt.net people; they are doing creative work now, and will surpass java soon.

Note that I am using alt.net as a concept, not a community, as a result, Spring.net and NHibernate are certainly part of alt.net -- conceptually speaking -- but I am not sure whether all people in spring.net and nhibernate are in the community of "alt.net".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home